Building A Culture of Prayer from the Pulpit
Pastor Mark Vroegop of College Park Church in Indianapolis, IN addresses the imperative of leveraging the pulpit to champion and foster a culture of prayer among our congregations. Mark also offers some helpful ideas for making steps toward a more vibrant culture of prayer.
If you are a teaching pastor, consider these vital questions and discern how God would have you respond:
- How am I stewarding the pulpit’s influence to create a house of prayer?
- How am I intentionally fostering a culture of desperation and awe for God?
- What sort of presence does prayer have in weekend services?
- How is our teaching/pastoral staff clearly modeling a life of prayer?
- What other teaching and prayer experiences are we providing for our people?