Prayer Guide: Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- You are Jehovah Rohi, the good shepherd. v. 1
- You are Jehovah Jireh, our provider. v. 1
- You are Jehovah Shalom, who grants peace v. 2
- You are our leader v. 2
- You are a God who restores v.3
- You do things for Your glory v. 3
- You are Jehovah Shammah, the God who is there. v. 4
- You prepare and anoint Your people. v. 5
- You give in a way that overflows v. 5
- You are good and mercifull v. 6
Possible Prayer Prompts
- I praise You Jehovah Rohi, our good shepherd, that You cared for me when…
- I praise You Lord when I needed ____________ You were my Provider
- I praise You that You led me to _________ when I ________
- I praise You, Jehovah Shalom, that You give me peace even when…
- Lord, I surrender my desire to have ________, realizing that You provide all I need.
- Lord, because I realize You are the leader, I surrender my self-made plans for…
- Even though I will dwell in Your house forever, I confess that I often try to find value in…
- Lord, I pray that You will shepherd ____________ (name) as they ____________ (situation)
- I pray that _____________ (name) will find satisfaction in You and not in…
- Lord, I am trusting You to restore…
- Lord, I call on Your name to lead as I…
- Lord, as I enter __________ (situation), I pray for Your divine preparation and anointing.
- I pray that I will have a firm assurance of Your goodness as I…
- I pray that You will demonstrate Your mercy to ____________ (name) as they…
- Even though we walk through ____________ (dark situations) we will fear no evil.
- Antiphonal response: “For You are with us!”
- You are our provision, even in the presence of _____________ (various forms of evil).
- Antiphonal respose : “Our cup overflows!”
Adapted from Pastor Chris Phillips – Journey Point Church, Denver, CO