This prayer guide, inspired by the chapter titled Fellowship in Strategic Renewal’s resource 21 Days of Prayer for Your Church Leader, is focused on seeking God’s face through the following passage.
15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” 3 So he told them this parable: 4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers
Fellowship Prayer Guide
Identify and celebrate God’s praiseworthy attributes
- Jesus befriends sinners and fellowships with them (v. 2)
- God seeks after and joyfully saves the lost (vv. 4-5)
- God as our shepherd calls others into joyful fellowship (v. 6)
- All of heaven celebrates with God over one repentant sinner (v. 7)
- Jesus my Shepherd, I praise You that You sought after and saved me when…
- God, I thank You for how…(name church leader(s)) have demonstrated Your heart for the lost by…
- Jesus thank You for receiving and welcoming me even though I…
Surrender to Him and His ways
- Lord, I confess that I have grumbled over you showing others grace when…
- Jesus, we admit as a church that we have not displayed Your shepherd’s heart to…
Ask the Spirit to guide prayer over concerns, resources, and relationships
- Jesus, may our church be a place where others draw near to You in order that…
- Lord, give…(church leader) and us Your joy to lovingly go after those who…
- Lord, we pray that one day all of heaven will celebrate over… (name specific person) as they repent and turn to You.
Encouragement and strength for spiritual battle
- Jesus, remind us today that the joy of heaven is greater than the opposition of…