This prayer guide, inspired by the chapter titled Financial Contentment in Strategic Renewal’s resource 21 Days of Prayer for Your Church Leader, is focused on seeking God’s face through the following passage.
10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
14 Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. 15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. 18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers
Financial Contentment Prayer Guide
Identify and celebrate God’s praiseworthy attributes
- Giver of joy and contentment (vv. 10-11)
- Strengthens us to fulfill God’s call (v. 13)
- Provides through partnership with others (vv. 14-16)
- Supplies our needs according to the riches of His glory (v. 19)
- Our God and Father, who is forever glorious (v. 20)
- Lord, we rejoice in You greatly because …
- God, thank You for the strength in Christ You gave me so that I could…
- Father, I praise You for how You generously provided for my needs when…
Surrender to Him and His ways
- Lord, we confess our lack of contentment in…
- Father we repent for not trusting in Your provision for…
Ask the Spirit to guide prayer over concerns, resources, and relationships
- Lord, cause…(church leader) to greatly rejoice in the contentment You can provide as they…
- Lord, help…(church leader) to trust in You to meet their needs of/for…according to Your glorious riches
- Lord, give us generous hearts to enter into partnership with our church leaders by…
Encouragement and strength for spiritual battle
- Father, may our lives be a fragrant offering, acceptable and pleasing to You as we…
- Antiphonal Response: “To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen!”