This prayer guide, inspired by the chapter titled Financial Provision in Strategic Renewal’s resource 21 Days of Prayer for Your Church Leader, is focused on seeking God’s face through the following passage.
1 Timothy 6:3-11
3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound[a] words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and[b] we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. 11 But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers
Financial Provision Prayer Guide
Identify and celebrate God’s praiseworthy attributes
- The teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ is healthy and leads to godliness (v. 3)
- God is the one who brings true contentment (v. 6)
- He is the provider of our needs (v. 8)
- He is righteous, faithful, loving, steadfast, and gentle (v. 11)
- Jesus we praise You that Your sound words are able to produce…
- Lord, thank You that can bring true contentment even when…
- God, thank You for how…(church leader) has taught me godliness by…
Surrender to Him and His ways
- Lord, I confess my lack of contentment and trust in You in…
- Jesus, forgive me for imagining that godliness would be a means of…
Ask the Spirit to guide prayer over concerns, resources, and relationships
- Lord, help…(church leader) to trust You to provide their needs for…(personal and ministry needs).
- Lord, keep…(church leader) and us from the temptation of earthly riches and instead be content in…
Encouragement and strength for spiritual battle
- Lord Jesus Christ, help us flee from the love of money and pursue godliness in our…