This prayer guide, inspired by the chapter titled Household in Strategic Renewal’s resource 21 Days of Prayer for Your Church Leader, is focused on seeking God’s face through the following passage.
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
28 And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, 29 for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers
Household Prayer Guide
Identify and celebrate God’s praiseworthy attributes
- Jesus is our rock and foundation (vv. 24-25)
- Jesus’ words build a solid foundation for our households (v. 24)
- Jesus’ words guard and preserve us from the trials of life and ministry (v. 25)
- Jesus teaches with authority and integrity (vv. 28-29)
- Jesus, we praise You for being our rock and foundation when…
- Jesus, only Your words can build a solid foundation for our lives because…
- Jesus, thank You for how…(church leader) has modeled Your words by…
Surrender to Him and His ways
- Lord Jesus, we confess for how we have only heard and not obeyed Your word in…
- Jesus, we repent for seeking to build our lives on…instead of Your teaching.
Ask the Spirit to guide prayer over concerns, resources, and relationships
- Jesus, help…(church leader) to build their household on Your word that says…
- Lord, may Your word preserve…in their trial(s) of…
Encouragement and strength for spiritual battle
- Lord Jesus, be our Rock and keep us from falling as we face…