Prayer Guide: Psalm 15
A Psalm of David.
O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent?
Who shall dwell on your holy hill?
2 He who walks blamelessly and does what is right
and speaks truth in his heart;
3 who does not slander with his tongue
and does no evil to his neighbor,
nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
4 in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5 who does not put out his money at interest
and does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.
God’s praiseworthy attributes displayed in this text:
- He is our Lord (YHWH) – v. 1
- He welcomes us into intimacy with Him – v. 1
- He is holy – v. 1
- He cares about and produces blamelessness in us – v. 2
- He imputes his righteousness to us in Christ – v. 2
- He is a God of truth who brings truth to our very core – v. 2
- He is a God who transforms our relationships to reflect His character – vv. 3-4
- He is a God who cares about financial integrity – v. 5a
- He is our solid rock/source of stability – v. 5b
Possible Prayer Prompters:
- I praise You that even though I used to ________________ (former behavior), through Christ You invited me to experience Your holy presence.
- I praise You that even though I was once _________________ (former character), through Christ You have helped me to walk blamelessly and desire what is right.
- I praise You that through Christ, You empower me to speak the truth in my heart, even though I am sometimes tempted to lie about ______________.
- I thank You that You have changed my relationships, by Your power, and so that _____________ (descriptions of love and integrity produced by Christ.
- Because I want to be blameless, do the right thing, and speak truth in my heart….I surrender to You and Your will especially in my struggle with _____________.
- Give me grace today to restrain my tongue when I talk about _________________ (name or situation).
- Give me grace to do good and not evil today in my interactions with ___________________ (name).
- Give me grace to not condone evil and to always honor those who fear You, especially when ____________.
- Give me grace to keep my commitments, especially in my relationship with ____________.
- Give me grace today to honor You in how I spend and make my money, especially when I _____________ (as you pray this, take out your wallet and surrender it to the Lord as you pray this pray – and as a visual reminder of this prayer)
- By your truth and power, help me not be “moved/shaken” today, especially as I encounter ______________.