Prayer Guide: Psalm 22:22-31
22 I will tell of your name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him,
and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or abhorred
the affliction of the afflicted,
and he has not hidden his face from him,
but has heard, when he cried to him.
25 From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
my vows I will perform before those who fear him.
26 The afflicted[d] shall eat and be satisfied;
those who seek him shall praise the Lord!
May your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth shall remember
and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
shall worship before you.
28 For kingship belongs to the Lord,
and he rules over the nations.
29 All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship;
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
even the one who could not keep himself alive.
30 Posterity shall serve him;
it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,
that he has done it.
God’s Praiseworthy Attributes
- His name is worthy of praise – v. 22.25, 26
- He is to be feared – v. 23
- Worthy of glory – v. 23
- He is awesome – v. 23
- He sees our affliction – v. 24
- He hears our cries for help – v. 24
- He remembers our vows (commitments) – v. 25
- He satisfies – v. 26
- He is worthy to be sought – v. 26
- He is the source of eternal life – v. 26
- He will be worshiped by all nations – v. 27,29
- He rules as King – v. 28
- He is righteous – v. 31
- His truth is enduring and relevant to every generation – vv. 29-31
Possible Prayer Prompts
- You are worthy of praise because Your name is…
- We fear You Lord because You are…
- We glorify You because…
- We stand in awe of You because…
- Thank You that You were with me in affliction when…
- Thank You that You heard my cry for help when…
- We praise You that You rule as King over…
- I confess that I often fear and reverence _____________ more than I do You.
- I confess that I have struggled to keep my commitment of ____________ to You. Give me grace to be faithful.
- King Jesus, rule over my life today, especially…
- Hear my cry today as I seek You for…
- I pray for ________________ (name) in this time of affliction. Hear their cry and let them find their satisfaction in You.
- Give me strength to keep my commitments to You in the area of…
- Give me a heart to seek You more that I seek…
- I pray that _____________ (name of unsaved) will seek You and, through the gospel, live forever.
- I pray for those in the nation of _____________, that they will turn to You and believe Your gospel.
- Lord Jesus, I pray for Your rule over my life, especially…
- Lord Jesus, I pray for Your rule over our church, especially…
- Lord Jesus, I pray for Your rule over our nation, especially…
- King Jesus, help us proclaim Your righteousness to the coming generations, especially when they… (areas of spiritual battle unique to the younger generations).Antiphonal response: He has done it!