Prayer Guide: Psalm 26
1 Vindicate me, O Lord,
for I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
2 Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.[a]
3 For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in your faithfulness.
4 I do not sit with men of falsehood,
nor do I consort with hypocrites.
5 I hate the assembly of evildoers,
and I will not sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence
and go around your altar, O Lord,
7 proclaiming thanksgiving aloud,
and telling all your wondrous deeds.
8 O Lord, I love the habitation of your house
and the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not sweep my soul away with sinners,
nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
10 in whose hands are evil devices,
and whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;
redeem me, and be gracious to me.
12 My foot stands on level ground;
in the great assembly I will bless the Lord.
God’s Praiseworthy Attributes
- The Sovereign One – v. 1
- Judge – vv. 1, 9
- Loving, Loyal, Faithful – v. 3
- Righteous, Just – vv. 4-5, 9-10
- Pure, Holy – vv. 4-7
- One who does wondrous deeds, worthy of thanksgiving – v. 7
- Relational – v. 8
- Glorious – v. 8
- Redeemer – v. 11
- Gracious – v. 11
Possible prayer prompts:
- I praise You that You are sovereign over and involved in…
- Lord, thank you for vindicating me when…
- Lord, thank you for delivering me from…
- Thank You that even now you are working to save me from……
- I praise You for your steadfast love and faithfulness, evidenced in…
- Thank you for redeeming…
- Thank you for your grace, that…
- Because you are the vindicator of your people, I trust you to deliver me, even in the midst of ____________. (vv. 2, 8)
- Even as I am committed to live a life pleasing to you, I confess that I am a sinner, in need of grace (v. 11) …
- Lord, search me and know me and show me any unknown sin that needs to be confessed and repented of … (v. 2)
- Lord, give me grace to continue trusting you unwaveringly to…
- May the truth prevail in…
- May justice come for …
- Lord, help me to worship Jesus today by refusing to revile those who revile me, and rather to entrust myself to the One judges justly in…
- Teach me to fear you above all so that…
- Lord, give me grace to persevere in integrity, so that…
- Forgive me for…
- Lord, please redeem _________.
- Help me to extend your mercy, grace and forgiveness to ____________.
- As I wait for you, let me not be put to shame in…
- Deliver __________ from the work of the enemy today.
- Grant me to maintain a posture of worship in the midst of …
- God, please keep my feet on level ground, even as …