Prayer Guide: Psalm 43
Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause
against an ungodly people,
from the deceitful and unjust man
2 For you are the God in whom I take refuge;
why have you rejected me?
Why do I go about mourning
because of the oppression of the enemy?
3 Send out your light and your truth;
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling!
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God my exceeding joy,
and I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God.
5 Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
Praiseworthy Attributes of God
- He frees us from blame (vindicates) – vs. 1
- My stronghold – vs. 2
- He is light and truth – vs. 3
- A guide – vs. 3
- A source of joy and delight – vs. 4
- One to hope in – vs. 5
Possible Prayer Prompters:
- God, thank You for freeing me from blame when…
- I will praise You, Father, because You have been/are my stronghold when I…
- Thank You for sending Your light into my life when I was…
- Lord, I worship You because You have guided me through…
- You have brought me joy during _______, and I praise You!
- My heart is filled with _________ as I consider your vindication of me.
- Lord, I confess I often turn to _______ BEFORE I look to You for guidance. Forgive me.
- I confess that when I encounter ______, my joy and delight are impacted. I’m sorry.
- Since You are my stronghold, please help me run to You when…
- God, I ask that You will guide me as I navigate the waters of…
- Father, in the moments when my circumstances fill me with ______ would You turn my eyes to You and give me hope.
- I pray that You will give light to __________(name) so that they will turn to You.
- God, You are my source of joy. I pray You will sustain my joy even when…
- Father, I will hope in You today when I encounter…
- God, in the midst of ______ give me awareness to run to You, my stronghold.
- I trust you to guide me when making decisions which impact… (me, family, church, etc.)